Grand Summit Hotel at Sunday River
97 Summit Road
Newry, ME 04261
Sunday River is located 1 hour and 45 minutes from Portland International
Jetport, and 4 hours from Boston Logan Airport.
GRC Buses, Airports, and Car Rental
GRC Chartered Bus Service
GRC offers a chartered bus service from the Portland International Jetport and the Boston Logon airports. Reservations are required and tickets are $45 each way.
- Buses depart Boston promptly at 12:00 pm and 2:00 pm on Sunday from the Embassy Suites Boston at Logan Airport (207 Porter Street, Boston, MA), please plan to arrive one hour prior to your bus departure to ensure you have time to pick up your ticket. Box lunches are also available for purchase. Travel time from Logan Airport to Sunday River is approximately 4 hours.
- The buses arrive at the Portland Jetport at approximately 2:00pm and 4:00 pm on their way to Sunday River. Please plan adequate travel time to meet the bus outside Baggage Claim at Ground Transportation (more info here). Travel time from Portland Jetport to Sunday River is approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- Buses cannot wait for delayed passengers. If you miss your bus you will need to make other arrangements, such as renting a car, at your own expense.
Portland International Jetport (PWM)
The Portland International Jetport offers nonstop flights to over a dozen cities across the U.S. and Canada as well as worldwide connections. It is the airport closest to Sunday River and is served by: American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Elite Airways, JetBlue Airways, Southwest Airlines, and United Airlines. Conferees can make a reservation for the GRC Bus ($45 each way) to travel from the airport to the site.
Logan Airport (BOS)
Logan Airport is located in Boston, Massachusetts. Most major domestic and international airlines fly to BOS. Visit the Airport’s web site for a complete list of airlines. Conferees can make a reservation for the GRC Bus ($45 each way) to travel from the airport to the site.
Enterprise Rent-a-Car (Phone: 800-261-7331)
Enterprise offers discounted rates on auto rentals for Gordon Research Conferences attendees. Click here to make reservations online at this special GRC rate. If you are a member of the Emerald Club, you are eligible for a free upgrade when you book a midsize car.
National Car Rental (Phone: 800-227-7368)
National Car Rental offers discounted rates on auto rentals for Gordon Research Conferences attendees. Click here to make reservations online at this special GRC rate. If you are a member of the Emerald Club, you are eligible for a free upgrade when you book a midsize car.
Parking at Sunday River is free of charge for GRC conferees.
Arrival & Conference Essentials
Conferees can check-in on Sunday between 2:00 pm & 6:00 pm at the GRC Office in the Grafton Room. If you arrive after the GRC office closes at 9:00pm, please proceed to the front desk to check in to your hotel room. Early check-in and late check-out are not available.
- GRC science sessions and poster sessions are held in the Grand Ballroom, located in the South Wing of the hotel. All rooms are air-conditioned.
- Based on the attendance of the seminar, GRS Science Sessions are held in either the Grand Ballroom or the Simmonds and Whittier Room.
- All conference meals are served buffet style in the Camp Restaurant, adjacent to the hotel lobby. Vegetarian and gluten free meals are available. If you have food allergies or require kosher meals, please let us know when you registered for your conference.
- Bring a relaxed wardrobe and comfortable shoes to your GRC, including a light sweater or jacket and clothes for leisure activities.
- Our conferences feature open afternoons, at Sunday River conferees can select from LL Bean classes such as archery, stand-up paddle boarding, or hiking. Equipment for soccer and conferee organized games is also available at the GRC office.
Childcare & Guest Services
GRC offers a option for registering your guests for the meetings so they may join you at meals and share your accommodations. If you are traveling with children, GRC provides a 50% discount off the adult rate for children 4-12, and children under 4 may join you at free of charge. You will be asked if you wish to register guests as part of your conference registration, please indicate who will be joining you at that time.
Please note that guests of any age are not able to attend science or poster sessions. If you need to arrange care:
- Someday Bigger Day Care welcomes kids ages six weeks to six years. Full- and half-day care is available. Reservations are required and separate fees apply, call 207-824-5083.
- Conferees may wish to visit Care.com to view a list of local caregivers, or arrange to share caregiving with other conference attendees.
For additional information about the area (including off-site housing and child-care), please visit Trip Advisor.